Though all attorneys seek to give their clients peace of mind, this is especially the case for estate planning attorneys. Your estate is a complex matter, composed of dozens of assets. Therefore, it is no secret you wish to ensure they are properly taken care of and distributed at the time of your passing. Estate attorneys can help you with all that and more. Our experienced firm is dedicated to guiding people like you through major life shifts, including illnesses, a long-distance move, childbirth, and marriage. If you would like to learn more about what an estate planning attorney can do for you, please read on.
What does an estate planning attorney do?
One of our experienced estate planning attorneys would be more than happy to help you with any of the following matters:
- Wills: These are perhaps the most central document in preserving your assets and ensuring they are properly distributed upon your passing. There are will-writing kits out there, however, they open you up to the various legal pitfalls you could simply avoid by hiring an experienced attorney.
- Trusts: Essentially, a trust is a contract between an estate and a third party that is in charge of the trust’s administration, known as a trustee. Trustees must administer the estate or trust and learn how to protect themselves from unwarranted claims of breach of fiduciary.
- Estate Administration: If you are appointed as a personal representative, you are in charge of completing every step of the administration process. Closing an estate is not always easy, which is why many people turn to experienced estate planning attorneys for assistance.
- Estate Litigation: If your family is currently in a dispute regarding a trust, a will, or the administration of an estate, you may benefit greatly from hiring an attorney who knows how to resolve these issues. We can help inform individuals how to better understand their rights, obligations, or interests under crucial documents, like trusts, wills, and power of attorney.
- Financial Planning: Financial planning is something everyone with an estate should do. People hire estate planning attorneys to help devise a strategy regarding their future financial situation. You may wish to plan for a nationwide road trip, or perhaps you simply want a sufficient amount of money saved in the event of an unforeseen injury or slew of medical bills. No matter the reason, it is never a bad idea to hire someone who can help you plan for your financial future.
Contact our experienced Rockland County firm
The Lauterbach Law Firm is proud to serve clients throughout Rockland County who are faced with legal matters related to estate planning, real estate, foreclosure defense, landlord-tenant law, business law, and criminal defense. If you require the services of an experienced team of attorneys, contact The Lauterbach Law Firm today to schedule a consultation.